Friday, April 21, 2006

Books I'm Reading

I haven't done one of these in a while, but that is mostly because I have been playing catch-up with my backlog of magazine subscriptions. I've already mentioned The Joy of Sects; this is a group of essays on the major world religions, discussing their origins, beliefs, factions, and major figures. It obviously cannot even be close to comprehensive, even at a couple thousand pages, but it is interesting. I'm taking it a chunk at a time because it is pretty tough plowing. In between, I'm currently working through The Acts of Jesus: What Did Jesus Really Do? by the Jesus Seminar. In addition to that, I'm working through The Gospel of Judas from the National Geographic Society with N. All very interesting, as well as very heritical in the opinion of most mainstream denominations. I'm having a lot of fun reading all of my former church's banned books. Knowledge is the death of fundamentalism in particular and religion in general.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home