Monday, April 17, 2006

No One Has Time

Another article on the negative impact of modern life. The money quote:
"We never concentrate on one task anymore," said John Challenger, CEO of a Chicago outplacement consultancy. "You take a little chip out of it, and then you're on to something else. It's harder to feel like you're accomplishing something."
That pretty much sums up my average work day. I spend 6 hours of an 8-hour day documenting what I just got interrupted from doing, and trying to pick up the threads of something else that I was interrupted in the middle of earlier in the day. When I'm not blogging, that is. Blogging takes up a lot of my work day as well, just because my "work" consists mostly of filling out forms to document all the work I never get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home