Friday, July 07, 2006

Chaos Manor Moves Again

Jerry Pournelle has been publishing a computer column since 1979, mostly for the various incarnations of Byte magazine. Ever since McGraw-Hill sold Byte to CMP Media, (which I refer to as chump media because of the disgraceful way they treated long-time Byte employees), it seems there has been an active campaign to kill whatever was left of Byte magazine. The only reason I spent $12/year for a subscription to the on-line Byte was to read Jerry's columns, and I am sure I am not alone in that. It now seems that CMP has dropped Jerry's column, which he is now self-publishing at Chaos Manor Reviews. I immediately renewed my Chaos Manor membership (which has languished for years), and will take great pleasure in not renewing my Byte subscription.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home