Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More Burning Bridges

My department received the following e-mail from the female half of our dynamic duo of department directors. I have left her spelling and grammar errors intact:
If you haven't noticed, the bulletin board by the copier outside of IS conference Rm #1 has been half cleaned off and a banner indicating "IS Pride Board". In talking to various people throughout the department, we often hear about their kids, their spouses, their pets, and other things that people are proud of. Often we (the average employee) doesn't often get the meet the family members or get to see someone's new house, etc.

The management team would like to introduce the IS Pride Board and we ask that everyone takes a minute to put up a picture of something they are proud of (keep it clean). As time goes on, update the picture as appropriate, but make sure to label the picture (as to the content). This really helps us come together as a team and honestly, it's really nice to get to know what people are proud of.

If you have any questions, give me a call.
My response (not sent to the sender; just to select people in the IS department):
You know, it gets to a point that I can't think of anything funnier than the stuff this woman comes up with....

It doesn't look like I can participate anyway. My house is a dung pile, I don't have pets or kids, and the only thing I'm really proud of seems to be disallowed under the "keep it clean" clause. Maybe if I wash it really good first? I'm a little unclear about what is meant here. Maybe we should form a committee to come up with some guidelines. God knows I wouldn't want to offend anyone.
Anybody out there want my job?

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could put up a picture of me in Pink Lingerie.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Justa Drifter said...

It's tempting, and I doubt any of the males in the IS department would serious mind. But professional women don't like to be reminded of how men instinctively view women.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home