Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

I know that my 2.5 readers/day don't give a shit about my bike riding, but this is just so I can sort of keep track of how much I'm riding (as opposed to how much I'd like to think I'm riding). Yesterday, I had planned to ride to work, but everything went to shit, and I ended up driving. But N and I did get an eight-mile ride in just before dark. It was a good ride except for the cold front that moved in and dropped the temperature from somewhere in the 60's to the 30's in about 5 minutes. Neither of us were dressed for cold weather so we spent the rest of the evening curled up in blankets.

I was able to get motivated to ride in this morning in large part because my truck is in the garage again, leaving me no choice. I was able to reduce the time it takes me to get from the motel room to my cubicle from 20 minutes to 15. Unless it is raining buckets, I really don't have any excuse to ever drive to work again. But I'm sure I can come up with several anyway.

If N doesn't ride to work today, we will do another eight-mile loop. If she does, we may just call it good and be lazy tonight.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger KipEsquire said...

Given how much I drown in serious blogreading and blogwriting, I find it quite refreshing to read innocuous, personal stuff like this. Keep it up. :-)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Justa Drifter said...

Thanks! I have a tendency to recall doing a lot more exercise than what other people recall seeing me do. So I figured I would keep a log of my riding and see how many miles I actually log. So far, the results have been depressing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home