Tuesday, May 02, 2006

More Wetbacks on Parade

Yesterday, illegal immigrants turned out in force to show how important they are to the U.S. economy. The impact on me was zero, but then I'm not on the front lines of the Brown Invasion. But Jerry Pournelle is, and he reports the most pleasant day on the freeways since the 1980's. Somehow I doubt that was the intended result of this "strike." On a personal level, I have watched too many teenagers trying to make money to pay for college, who are unable to find work that pays enough to buy the gas to drive back and forth to work, not alone pay even part of their tuition. Because high school- and college-aged people compete directly with wetback labor, I certainly could live without the wetbacks being here driving down wages and filling up jobs that could be done by our young people. Maybe the next march of illegals can head south and not stop until they are back home in Tijuana.

Understand, as a descendant of legal immigrants, I have no problem with legal immigration. I do have a problem with illegal immigration. If I were Emperor for a Day, the Wall would be completed, the military would be stationed on the Mexican border with orders to kill anyone climbing over it, and the dead bodies would be hung on it as a warning to others. I estimate that illegal immigration would virtually disappear in 48 hours or less.

And no, I don't give a shit what the Mexican government thinks of my plan. Or the Democrats, or the squealing liberals or anyone else for that matter. A country that does not control its borders cannot be considered a sovereign country.

And just to be clear: First, I love Mexico, but I'm not too fond of their government that insists Mexicans have a right to cross into the U.S. illegally, then expect free health care, free education, and a whole bushel basket of other government services. Of course, your typical Mexican on the street isn't all that thrilled with their government, either, so maybe it's just symmetry at work. Second, I know from working directly with Mexican programmers in a previous job that professionals in Mexico are more than happy to off-load what they view as the dregs of their society onto the United States, but they are confused as hell as to why we not only allow it, but actively encourage it.

I know, I know. I'm an asshole. So be it.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

send all of those illegals back to their 3rd world hellhole where they came from. They only suck off our system and contribute very little if anything worthwhile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home