Friday, May 26, 2006

Roto-Rooter Time

I mentioned in a previous post that I was scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. The purpose was to remove nasal polyps that had grown to the point that my sinuses were completely blocked most of the time. The surgery was far more extensive than originally thought, hence my absence. I'm doing much better now, thanks to a steady stream of vicodin and three days of sitting on my ass.

The down time did give me a chance to work out some issues with my Xandros box as well as some time to play with my new digital camera. I picked up a Sony DSC-S600 a few weeks ago, but I really haven't had time to mess with it much. I must say that I am rather impressed. Digital cameras are obviously on the same path as other electronic hardware: the difference between this camera and my five-year-old Olympus digital are simply astounding. The icon-based menuing system is at best obscure, but there just isn't enough screen real estate to do anything else. Some time spent randomly poking around supplemented by the 100-page manual makes everything clear in fairly short order. I'm looking forward to getting some serious time with this camera soon.

I expect that I will get back to my normal posting routine after the holiday weekend, and stop tossing up all these crappy posts I've been doing lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home