Thursday, October 12, 2006

AAAAUUUUUUUUUGH!!! SNOW!!

Only three damn days to go and we get snow last night! It just had to get one last shot in before I got out of here.

Anyway, spent $140 I didn't have refreshing my to-be-read pile. I finished up my last book a couple days ago (local family history; interesting) and I'm nearly done with the magazine back-log. I didn't plan far enough ahead to get them cheap on Amazon, so I ended up at the local book store paying far too much. In any case, here is the pile in no particular order:

Eats Shoots and Leaves and Talk to the Hand by Lynne Truss
Guns, Germs, and Steel and Collapse by Jared Diamond
Why We Believe What We Believe by Andrew Newburg, MD and Mark Robert Waldman
Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity by John Stossel
The Blind Watchmaker by Richard Dawkins

That should keep me busy until I get to Arcosanti.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Buffy said...

I adore snow. And couldn't handle Arizona if you paid me.

 
At 1:53 AM, Blogger Justa Drifter said...

Unfortunately, most people think of Phoenix when you mention Arizona. Flagstaff has snow; in fact, there are ski resorts. Where I am going (Meyer), there isn't snow more than a day every couple years. But it isn't nearly as hot as Phoenix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home