Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Another New Year

Can't say I'm sorry to see 2006 gone, but the one good thing I can say about the last year is that I managed to accomplish pretty much all my resolutions. I'm out of my stupid fucking job and the cubicle hell that went with it, and out of the shitty Michigan weather. Today it was 60 degrees and sunny. Not a bad way to spend the New Year.

We'll see what 2007 brings. As of now, this is the Year of Arcosanti unless they boot me out of here before then. I seem to change my mind every day whether I'll be staying past the end of the year. There are still a lot of places that I want to live in (Mexico and St. Kitts for starters) so I don't want to be stuck here for too long. But a year goes by fairly quick, so maybe it will be two or three.

Life is a long way from perfect, but it is one hell of a lot better than it was a year ago.

Also, to kick off the New Year, I've significantly shortened up link list by eliminating all the web sites I hadn't bothered to visit in the last year, and those that hadn't been updated in the last year. I also think I'm going to dump Flickr. I haven't used it nearly as much as I thought I would, so I will be eliminating the few photos that are up there, un-contacting my contact list, un-joining the few groups I belong to. It's a great idea, but I just don't have the time for it that I thought I would.

My key resolution for 2007, other that sticking it out at Arcosanti, is simplify, simplify, simplify. Made a great start in 2006, but there is still a long way to go. I'm still working on making all my worldly possessions fit into a suitcase and a plastic tote. I'll get there one way or the other.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you didn't follow thru on including me in your last resolution from 2006. I'm so happy we are still together and alone. Getting rid of the other baggage helped alot and I can't begin to tell you what it meant to me to find you moved back in when I came home from Miami. I luv ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home