Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Food Service Workers

This is some funny shit. I remember my days as a suds-buster and cook. It didn't last long, but I did have fun doing it. I worked at a national chain for about a year, then worked for a small, family pizza joint for about a year. I don't think I would bother with the chain again; you are literally a cog in the machine. The family restaurant wasn't too bad. I actually enjoyed the work, most of the time. I don't think I would mind going back to it, if there was any way to get hired. I'd have to invent a series of dead-end jobs for my resume so I wouldn't be "over-qualified." I could replace all the programming jobs with day-laborer at construction sites. I could even toss in the occasional "crew leader" position to make myself look qualified to be a shift manager at a taco place.

Look for me at your local Burger Barn. I'll be the one in the cow outfit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home