Thursday, January 26, 2006

Why Christians are Idiots #3,876,092

I'm going to start calling it Pat Robertson Disease (PRD). Now some assclown Reverend is trying to organize a pump-and-dump of Microsoft stock to pay them back for endorsing a gay rights bill. Do these guys ever think about the shit that comes out of their mouth? Ever? I swear this is a concerted effort to make Christians look stupid. No sane person could do and say so many utterly asinine things and think they were helping the cause.

Whatever. I'm just glad I'm done with it. Today, I mailed the following letter to my former church:

To my friends at XXX Baptist Church:

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the last six months and have come to a difficult decision. I am requesting that my name be removed from XXX Baptist's list of active members. I would like to emphasize that this in not the result of dissatisfaction with XXX Baptist, the leadership, the membership, or Pastor and K. I simply cannot in good conscience retain my membership while being in disagreement with a number of points of doctrine held by XXX Baptist.

One administrative note: I am available to plow the church parking lot when D is out of town for the remainder of this winter. However, I ask that other arrangements be made for next winter (2006/2007).

Thank you, and God bless.
R

One New Years resolution down, three to go. I thought about ripping into them, but why bother? No one would understand and it just isn't worth the effort. Besides, I still have family in this church and I expect them to be pissed off enough as it is. I don't need to throw gasoline on the fire by pointing out all the contradictions and logic errors in their religious belief system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home