Thursday, January 26, 2006

Women at Work. Again.

I know, I know. This is like the twentieth post about this, but I can't help myself. Women have destroyed my work environment. I had planned on being here for a long time, but it has gotten totally fucking ridiculous around here. I feel like I'm in third grade again. Actually, it's worse than when I was in third grade; unlike school these days, we didn't get gold stars for showing up, breathing, doing our work, not stabbing the kid next to us; those things were sort of expected. If you wanted special recognition, you had to actually do something. Here at work, we are barraged daily with cheap pins, inkjet "Certificates of Appreciation", team-building crap like picnics, lunches, softball games. Here's a thought: if I do my job, shut the fuck up and sign my paycheck. Maybe stick your head in my cube twice a year and tell me to keep doing what I'm doing. If I do something truly spectacular (rather than just showing up most days and not doing something so monumentally stupid that I get fired), shove that stupid certificate you downloaded off the internet give me some fucking cash!

Oh, and it would be nice if you actually knew what the fuck I did for the organization.

Anyway. I have no idea what the hell all that had to do with this, but whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home