Thursday, March 09, 2006

Burning Bridges Part IV

The female half of our Dynamic Duo of IS Directors sent out the department news letter attached to this e-mail:
Small newsletter this month (only 9 pages). I hope you find some good information from the newsletter. If you have any topics you would like included, please email me. Thanks to all those who contributed.

P.S. Ignore all the spelling and grammar errors (if there are any). I'm no professional news person. Thanks.

My response:
I guess Spell Check and Grammar Check didn't get installed on her PC. That Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from Podunk Community College and Pizza Emporium is really showing its worth.

(sigh)

Am I alone in thinking the last sentence should have ended at the word "professional"?

I wrote that before actually reading this wonderful newsletter, brimming with spelling and grammar errors. When I finally summoned up the courage to read it, here is what I found:
Most Wired Hospital Survey:

HHN (Hospitals and Health Networks Magazine does an annual Health Care's Most Mired survey.
Most Mired? Bwahahahahahahahahahah!! We should win that one no problem!

I will be so glad to get out of this dump in a few months. I already have my own bank account and credit card set up. I need to squirrel away a few thousand dollars by selling everything that isn't nailed down. Then I can just leave.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever heard of a director that has time to create the monthly newsletter? And teachers, tell your students not to worry about spelling and grammar for their next papers. What do you think these students are, professional news people?

If you are really planning on freeing yourself of the 9-5 cube torture, you should write about it more here. Give us the count down and describe how it feels and all that. I mean come on, it is something most of us dream about but never do!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Justa Drifter said...

I'm a baby step kind of person, so I am making preparations, just not very fast. But I do expect to be out of the rat race by the end of 2006. Part of that is shedding my house and almost everything in it, including my wife. I expect things to meander along for the next few months, then pick up steam around June. I will definitely be blogging it as I go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home